Kafez

Literary

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dublin, Republic of, Ireland

Tuesday 15 April 2008

Author says he plagiarized Lonely Planet's guidebooks

An author for Melbourne's famous Lonely Planet guidebooks has said that he plagiarized and made up large sections of his books. Author Thomas Kohnstamm also claimed in his new book "Do Travel Writers Go To Hell?" that he accepted free travel against company policy.

"They didn't pay me enough to go to Colombia. I wrote the book in San Francisco. I got the information from a chick I was dating.... You can read more from the article in Reuters over HERE.

By chance, I found another link where Lonely Planet has just spoken out against Kohnstamm's claims and provided updated material to which Kohnstamm is said to have had no involvement with contributions. This for countries, the author claimed he had written about like Brazil and which he had faked like Colombia. Do read Lonely Planet's comment over HERE.

Labels: ,