Kafez

Literary

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dublin, Republic of, Ireland

Tuesday 8 April 2008

Sorry no time today to blog or answer comments. Will do as soon as I can. Going to Belfast for a few days. Went to a series of readings this evening at Trinity College. Held to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Oscar Wilde Centre for the writing of Irish fiction, we were well entertained to writers who read novel excepts and poetry. This included the novelist Sebastian Barry who was a wonderful actor when it came to the narration of his prose and Douglas Dunn the Scottish poet. Also bought my tickets to listen to Man Booker winner Anne Enright, at Trinity next week who will be reading from Taking Pictures. I'm only relieved that I've managed to finish her book of short stories where I found the women characters to be mostly mournful and melancholy in their acceptance of everyday life.