Kafez

Literary

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dublin, Republic of, Ireland

Wednesday 24 December 2008

December 24, 2008

by Suzan Abrams

I have made the spontaneous decision to return to Dublin already as my partner, Des, is missing me too much and I thought that it would be a good idea to spend the New Year with him. I made this decision just 2 days ago. My travel schedule meant going in to East Africa first and then returning to Ireland so I am just moving things around a bit. I will carry on with my journey to the African continent in mid-January.
There are a couple of advantages at least as I won't have to lug my many new books with me. I have purchased a fair bit of Malaysian and Singaporean literature and just can't wait to read and review them all while I am in Dublin. I also plan to offer my thoughts on some experiences here in Malaysia and Singapore.

Des has installed new bookshelves for me in the flat. He says there is space for storage of another 50 hardbacks at least. That excludes my collection of world cinema dvds and music cds. At least, I'll travel with my usual light luggage to East Africa and if you only knew how much I disliked packing, you'd know what a godsend the very idea of a light clothes bag, represents to me.