Kafez

Literary

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dublin, Republic of, Ireland

Friday 7 December 2007

Yesterday's post on novelist & publisher, David Davidar, is replayed on my Wordpress site.

I just wanted to say that I am feeling exhausted but pleased as I wait at the Arts House to go and listen to Jung Chang speak. The academic scholar from England, is famed for her bestseller memoir that dealt with the atrocities of the Mao revolution. It's called Wild Swans.
Having downed 2 glasses of wine, has not helped.
It's been a full day with 5 panel talks...a heavier day than yesterday. But so enlightening.
There has been terrific room for networking during lunches, teas and breaks as certain people will find you interesting even as you find others completely different, intriguing.
Several exchanges of emails, telephone numbers and addresses today amongst aspiring Singaporean authors, other publishers and also festival organisers.
Let's say that had I stayed here, I'd have made an instant bunch of readymade Singaporean girlfriends (at least 5), all of whom are writing something or the other. Most are pleasantly surprised when I say that I am a Malaysian returning to Ireland and that I started a play and would now like to finish it.
What a glorious week it has been. The weekend promises to be exciting even as the festival draws to a close.