Kafez

Literary

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dublin, Republic of, Ireland

Thursday 31 May 2007

The fever's gone and I'm back to normal. I'll tell you what it was.

I wasn't faring well because of a sore lack of nutrition. That's why I'm been feeling the way I did.

I didn't realise that for the entire month of May, I was only eating one meal a day; if I had any kind of appetite at all it was 1 1/2 meals a day. I ate at 3 in the afternoon, the bit which was maybe 3 slices of bread with cheese or 6 spoonfuls of rice with a small chicken bite and some potatoes and that was that. I also stopped drinking coffee while ill which meant that during the entire month of May, I wouldn't have drunk more then 5 small cups. The thing is I'm an avid coffee drinker and have had coffee at least 7 to 8 times a day for many years.


So my body went into shock.


And also, it explains why my energy levels were draining out very quickly and by late afternoon, I no longer had any strength left. It was amazing that my tummy gave no telltale signs never being in pain but simply succumbing to my spirit. Which is very dangerous thing, I think. The fever was a a valuable warning sign. Thank God, the gastric didn't show or I would have been finished.


So I'm going to try and correct things now.

I was also a little depressed because I talked about my plans for May and it came to nowt. My cd player stopped working, my laptop stopped working...I think it was just an awful month.

But I'm still here...


At first, I thought of seriously quitting my blog because I was so embarassed by my illness and am too straightforward a person not to talk about it when it demanded to be a steady companion. I thought you were all sick and tired of reading me. I just don't have that kind of nobility or fortitude to pretend everything is alright when it's not but I think I just need to correct my eating habits now and slowly go back to the usual breakfast, lunch, tea, dinner like every other human being. :-)