Kafez

Literary

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dublin, Republic of, Ireland

Sunday 11 January 2009

Diary

January 11, 2009

Gales in Dublin today on a dark and rainy afternoon. How the winds lashed against the rooftops and the trees sashayed up a flamboyant dance. Puddles on the street and slippery, wet pavements. Dublin knows how to conjure up a mood all its own. It's a much harsher winter than what I remembered of last January.

I ate dark chocolate, drank wine and watched British thrillers on the telly. I was utterly lazy. I chose RTE's Miss Marple, Hetty Wainthropp Investigages and of course, there's Gordan Ramsay's Hell's Kitchen series. I'm going to miss the final next week. The scripts produced for a Hetty Wainthropp detective series is full of wry humour and dry writ. Just listening to the language always teaches me to write better as well. Tomorrow, I must do some last minute shopping, pack for the last time and I can have a relaxing 2 days after. I'll be back in Ireland in just over a month but I'll stop in London first.
- suzan abrams -