Kafez

Literary

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dublin, Republic of, Ireland

Thursday 8 January 2009

Note

January 8, 2009

I am studying the Persian and Arabic languages in succession so that I would soon be able to enjoy the cinematic arts without the aid of subtitles and especially to read the classical texts.
In fact, while queuing at the airport for my flight to Dublin from Kuala Lumpur, I was able to understand slightly, an intense conversation in Parsi that was being ebulliently tossed about by three Iranian passengers in front of me. Beaming, I had spied on them with intent. To my horror, one of the ladies suddenly swung around, startled. Actually, it was just my delight at being able to fathom the language slightly. She would have thought that I understood everything. :-)

By the way, I am flying next week. - suzan abrams -