Kafez

Literary

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dublin, Republic of, Ireland

Tuesday 9 September 2008

Man Booker Prize 2008 Shortlist

Readers,

By now, you would probably know the Man Booker Prize Shortlist for 2008. I woke up very late today. :-)
Salman Rushdie whose novel The Enchantress of Florence was nominated for the longlist is out of the running. I haven't read the last four yet - I had read others on the longlist as well as Adiga whom I thought offered a completely different form of a modern approach to contemporary Indian literature and of course, Barry, whose prose I found to be profound and lyrical.


Here are the novelists selected for the shortlist:

Aravind Adiga - The White Tiger
Sebastian Barry- The Secret Scripture
Amitav Ghosh - Sea of Poppies
Linda Grant- The Clothes on Their Backs
Philip Hensher - The Northern Clemency
Steve Toltz - A Fraction of the Whole

Labels: