Kafez

Literary

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dublin, Republic of, Ireland

Wednesday 16 July 2008

I'll be in Wales tomorrow and back in Ireland in the next day or two.

Since having returned from East Africa a few weeks ago and while travelling about now and then, I have managed to read Rajaa Alsanea's Girls of Riyadh, Jhumpa Lahiri's Intepreter of Maladies and Unaccustomed Earth, Sayed Kashua's Let it be Morning, Elif Shafak's The Bastard of Istanbul, Kaveh Basmenji's edited short stories by Iranian women and Little Hut of Leaping Fishes by Chiew Siah-Tei.

I'm so waiting to write about my thoughts on this specific literature once I get back. I also bought a stack of East African novels while in Tanzania but these too rest patiently in my Dublin flat as I haven't had a chance to read them yet.