Kafez

Literary

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dublin, Republic of, Ireland

Tuesday 19 February 2008


Diary of a Broken Heart

by Suzan Abrams

I, the penguin, a clown, a joker, a skeleton and a blue whale dressed in moondust, all at once.


I am indebted to the fallacy of disbelief,
where suspicion crowns my giddy head
with an Eden thorn and so,
I must take my leave at noon,
for a swoon so soon
my dignity misplaced
while scraping the scales of my mermaid skin
and riding the crest of an ocean wave
that slid down from somewhere in the spying moon.


I am an illusion after the fact,
always you were seeing, now finally unseeing,
and by the time,
my shadow spirits away into the dusty dusk
I would have committed the perfect crime
of having outstayed the prime of my time.


And then your eyes popped out unexpectedly
from your beautiful face
and lay at my feet, gazing up at me,
they looked like wires mangled
in a sphere of darkness,
from where I stood, a lantern to your
sorrowed blindness,
a charcoal maze of broken kisses.


I hide and sigh sadly, in the state of your plastered mind.
Will you see me?
I must ask again in a 100 years.
Remind me...
where we sit holding hands, eating
supper in eternity.
And neither saying a word.

*******

Picture courtesy of Bestanimations.com