Kafez

Literary

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dublin, Republic of, Ireland

Monday 5 March 2007

A Writing Update

This is one of the few times in my life recently, where I have resurrected raw emotions spilling out of everyday experiences and translated them directly into prose - which makes for true-to life fiction.
I could have reached a new point of contention in my writing journey.
I may have found my personal balance between sentiment and the intellect where plots stay fictitious but the slotted characters' emotions are real.
Now, even my sadness at the breakup of a precious friendship stays secondary to this discovery, which leaves me quietly ecstatic.
Oh...it is there, yes...but I remain selfish about my art.

When I am sad, I wear my heart on my sleeve and become a real baby. But writing it all out, instantly makes me feel regal and womanly. And it also gave me better control over my emotions. With each passing day, I could command the present sadness to the measurement of my own will..how much of it did I want my mind to contain...how deep or fleeting should it be...

Also, when I placed real sadness in fiction, I got away, being able to romanticise it.

I couldn't go back to my play because it reminded me of HIM. His face, words and thoughts are all over the script in that powerful ghostly way. So I've left it for another 2 or 3 days.

I turned to writing my novel which I found therapeutic. I've now finished just over a quarter when you think I started it about 2 weeks ago. They're neat sections and in tight frames. It just needs to be edited and rearranged. I have completed 23,415 words. I started writing my book, Nomadic Madness, right in the middle and I already know the last line.