Kafez

Literary

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dublin, Republic of, Ireland

Sunday 19 November 2006


Something Theatrical or a Riddle. Perhaps...perhaps...

by Susan Abraham

Header: Diary of a Mad Woman

Profile: I am a penguin, a clown, a joker, a skeleton and a blue whale dressed in moondust, all at once.

Nov 20, '06 - my distrust

I am indebted to the fallacy of disbelief, where suspicion crowns my giddy head with an
Eden thorn and so, I must take my leave at noon, for a swoon so soon - and with a huff of dignity too, while scraping away at the scales of my mermaid skin and riding the crest of an ocean wave that slid down from somewhere in the spying moon.


Nov 21' 06 - while playing my last card

I am an illusion after the fact,
always you were seeing, now finally unseeing,
and by the time, my shadow spirits away into the dusty dusk
I would have committed the perfect crime
of having outstayed the prime of my time.


Nov22' 06 - on heartbreak

And then your eyes popped out unexpectedly from your beautiful face
and lay at my feet, gazing up at me, they looked like wires mangled
in a sphere of darkness, from where I stood, a lantern to your
sorrowed blindness, a charcoal maze of broken kisses.


Nov 23'06 - on hope

I hide and sigh sadly, in the state of your plastered mind.
Will you see me?
I must ask again in a 100 years.
Remind me...where we sit holding hands and eating supper in eternity.
And neither saying a word.


Nov 24' 06 -
on the hypocrisy of religion

God bless them, Susan
God bless us, Susan
God bless her, Susan
God bless him, Susan
God bless me, Susan
God bless me, Susan
God bless me, Susan
God bless me, Susan


Nov 25' 06 - on escape

And now like a mad woman, I run. I run while screaming and falling but I do the noble thing of never looking back. I run to the light in the blighted night. Yes, there is light in the hagridden face of the cold, expansive night.