Kafez

Literary

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dublin, Republic of, Ireland

Wednesday 15 November 2006

Just a rambling! Wanted to record this ordinary thing...to read it back in months to come and remember....

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Just a chaotic scene early this morning, in the wonderful house where I have lived and from where I will shortly leave.
Completely uneventful but one of the many ordinary conversations, I will cherish in the memory. Most times, we eat out. Sorry if you get bored reading this.

Me: (dashing about the place)"Wendy, Don't think I can follow you to breakfast this morning. That's if you're craving an English one at Marie's.
Wendy: (puzzled) "Why not?"
Me: Steven took the car didn't he. I don't want to walk all the way in the hot sun for nothing and come back with a headache. I told you yesterday already. I'm NOT going to walk that far.
Wendy: "Oh, Susan forever you and your complexion. Just pretend you're in the Bahamas. That's all! Very simple!"
Me: I'm going back now burnt like a toast looking the opposite from when I first came here.
Wendy: When you go and visit your father in India, it's going to be even worse. Then you know! I won't recognise you also, if I see you from the distance.
Wendy laughs and laughs...
Me: (walking away, unamused) "Not going to Marie's, sorry. Anyway, why did Steven take your car? I told you he would do it and you didn't believe me."
Wendy: (lights a ciggy & ignores my remark) "Susan, ask mother if she wants to come."
(Wendy's mother is putting on lipstick and makeup).
Me: Yes, mother says she wants to come.
Wendy: Don't just ask mother if she wants to come. Ask mother what she wants to eat.
Me: (softspoken as usual but with an air of pretended dramatic gesture)
"Mother, what do you want to eattttt?
Phone rings. Chaos.
Wendy: "Susan, phone. Did you ask mother what she wants to eat?"
Me: (I sigh with resignation as this wonderful friend chats. Trying to say I have to go to breakfast. Jack wakes up.)
Me: (whispering while on the phone) "Wendy, is Jack going? Can he drive us?"
Wendy: "Jacks tells me he doesn't want to go but he's dressing to go out and it looks like he's going to drive us but he says he's not coming"
Me: "Wendy, I can't get off the phone, you will all have to go without me."
Wendy: Susan, we have all the time in the world.
I hang up.
Wendy: "Looks like we're going. Hurry up."
Me: "Ok Wendy, let's go now. Who's going? Who's driving?
Wendy: "Susan, we can't go now. Mother says she wants to enjoy her Nescafe first. Jack also wants his coffee."
Jack: "Susan, have something to talk to you about. I wanted to relate an experience last night at midnight. Something strange occurred...
Phone rings
Wendy: "Susan, phone for you."
Jack: "Susan, I have to relate this experience....
Wendy: "Susan, hang up quickly now. We're going already.
I hang up.
Jack: "Oh, take your time. I want another coffee because I still have to relate this experience..."

We left finally after Wendy's mum had her 3rd coffee, Jack had his 2nd one & also finished relating his supernatural experience with an air of philosophical zest and Annie the resident poodle trooped along with her share of noisy barks, to demand a car ride! It was just a silly chaotic scene but meant so much to me, to remember for the time when they would be no more.
Image Credit to: Ace-Clipart