Kafez

Literary

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dublin, Republic of, Ireland

Wednesday 22 November 2006

My imagination, my muse

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usI want to write a one-act stage play for adults. About 6,000 words including stage directions and then I can whittle the count down later.

It's wonderful if anything happens with my picture books & other story manuscripts. But I have to come out of my self-pity mode, thinking I have no talent, wondering if anyone reads me etc.


I need a fresh writing project; to look forward to with a new zest. Like a backbone to all my other works; a current temporal focus.

My imagination is momentarily imbued with theatrics eg. my blog entry of Nov 20
That's where my destiny lies now.

So being a versatile writer, I should grab the opportunity before my imagination vacations in another genre like thrillers with a Mexican setting. hee-hee!

I will finish the play and try to have it properly staged somewhere in the UK. A repertory theatre would perhaps, be a start. I have tasted the adrenalin rush before, of my radio plays being aired, and I still remember the exhilaration, hearing the actors recite my words.

I am going to stick a meter with a word count on my blog and I'm also going to have a daily progress report in addition to anything else I write. With these resolutions and public accountablility, I shall hopefully finish it sooner rather than later.