Kafez

Literary

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dublin, Republic of, Ireland

Sunday 1 October 2006

This fictitious snippet pokes fun at conformity or what is often seen to be society's predictable expectations of us!



by Susan Abraham

NOW REMEMBER TO SAY "GOOD MORNING AND THANK YOU, HOW DO YOU DO AND I'M EVER SO SORRY THAT MY SHINER WILL NEVER DO AND NOT TO WORRY I'LL NOT BE NAUGHTY AND NOT BE BAD AND THEN DON'T BE SAD," DARLING...EVERYBODY LOVES YOU!

Now remember to say "Good morning and thank you, how do you do and I'm ever so sorry that my shiner will never do and not to worry I'll not be naughty and not be bad and then don't be sad," Darling...everybody loves you!" Now remember to say "Good morning and thank you, how do you do and I'm ever so sorry that my shiner will never do and not to worry I'll not be naughty and not be bad and then don't be sad," Darling...everybody loves you!"

And then don't be sad, "Darling...everybody loves you!" "And then don't be sad, "Darling, everybody loves you!" "And then don't be sad, Darling, everybody loves you!" ...and everybody loves you...and everybody loves you....and everybody loves you...loves you....loves you..."


Picture Credit: Norman Rockwell's illustration titled Shiner