Kafez

Literary

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dublin, Republic of, Ireland

Thursday 28 September 2006

Think of Me

by Susan Abraham
Think of me sometimes on a cold and rainy afternoon when the mist clouds your window-pane and raindrops beat fast on its sill.
Think of me when you see a lost leaf waft past the tired memory.
I sit in the room on a tattered sofa with you hiding close to a brocade curtain or two. I'll be reading a forgotten book that takes me back to a childish escapade. I'll sip tea while Callas sings and a wall painting of old dutchmen with their cards and merry gin, swing. And all from a torn door leak that brings about the runaway wind.
I'll hear the storm and catch my heart from where the pain still lingers with you apart. I'll close my eyes to a poem and float on a Carly Simon song that stretches all so long.
Think of me sometimes on a cold and rainy afternoon when lightning splinters your memory with the dazzling shard of a remembrance and then once again, so tearfully and so suddenly gone.