Kafez

Literary

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dublin, Republic of, Ireland

Wednesday 11 February 2009

Rest is Paradise

by Suzan Abrams
Stir not the stillness, rush not the agitation! Give my overwrought joy a bed and pillow, I tell you and my muscled exhilaration in need of an unruffled massage, will grab solace somewhere between the folds of a satiny sheen. Let my restlessness twirl sublimation about before being enraptured into a statued pose and nosed up a plumped-up cushion. I shall drown in the silence of the night and raise my snores like an offering to quietude. May watching angels who catch my sacrifice shush my room up and grant me breathing space. I will not stir until after the alarm has run its course a 100 times and run my bath too at that! My dreamy peace will stretch the dawn's final yawn, demand breakfast from a torn timetable and orchestrate my safari action once again like a rhino on the run!